Whether you need training to do your website maintenance or prefer to have it done for you, we can show you how to keep the information up-to-date.
- Web Site Design and Development
- We create sites to sell, promote, inform or offer product distribution for your business. After developing your
site and we place it on an internet server so it is available for the world to view, 24 hours a day.
- Web Maintenance
- We work with you to determine an appropriate and economical solution for your site's maintenance needs. Whether
you need training to do site maintenance or prefer to have it done for you, we show you how to keep the information
up-to-date. We can train you to update your own pages, without learning complicated HTML.
- Once your site is created, it is essential to advertise and promote it. We submit your site's address (URL) to the
major online internet search engines and directories. In addition, you will need to place your URL on company brochures,
letterheads and business cards.
Ninety-five percent of the traffic on the Internet use only the top 10 engines. All the others account for only a tiny fraction. The internet is like many businesses - all that matters is location, location and location!
- Electronic Mail and Forms
- The web offers the ability to update information on a continuing basis for a fraction of the cost of updating and
distributing new price lists, or other printed material. Unlike other advertising methods, customers can reply instantly
through the use of electronic mail, or feedback forms. We set up your email accounts for you, so that your customers
can reach you at your_name@your_company.com.
- Domain Names
- An important concern when creating a site is the domain name or "address" your site will have. It is important to
select a name that is right for your business. Most businesses like to have their name in the URL such as www.my-company.com
or www.acame.com. We can assist you in securing the domain name you choose.
- Hosting prices will vary depending on the type of service and amount of space the web site will require. See our
rates for hosting your site.
- One of the major advantages of having an Internet site is that it's more cost effective than traditional means of advertising. It reaches more people for your advertising dollar. Created almost 30 years ago as a resource for the United States government, military organizations, and university systems, the internet has grown into the second largest network on the planet, surpassed only by the global telephone network! Sources estimate that the fastest growing part of the internet, the World Wide Web, is doubling every two months.
According to survey results announced in February 1998, by IntelliQuest Information Group Inc. of Austin Texas:
- About 62 million adults, or 30 percent of the U.S. population ages 16 and older, use the Internet.
- That's and increase of 32 percent from 46.8 million users a year earlier.
- Another 7 million adults planned to go online within the next six months. If that happens, the number of wired U.S. residents could approach 70 million by mid-year, double the number just two years ago,